[lnkForumImage]
TotalShareware - Download Free Software
Usa Forum
 Home | Login | Register | Search

Forums >

rec.music.classical.guitar

What's wrong with your guitar? PDF Files.

Helmut Wabnig

10/27/2010 6:19:00 PM

Hi all,

I have uploaded several files into the file section
of the Yahoo group
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/acoust...

There are diagrams and fotos inside, which cannot be placed
into Usenet. You have to register on Yahoo, unfortunately.
If that is a problem, would you suggest another place
where I should upload the PDF files?

So far I have made one video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S...

which is very technical and a presentation made on-the-fly.
If you are having a hard time with engineering, guitar techology,
and generally are more inclined to trust others without re-thinking,
then do not watch.

Things which I describe pertain engineering issues of acoustic guitars
as well as electric and jazz instruments, although I only have a few
acoustic guitars at my disposal, and in the wider perspective every
other fretted stringed instrument, but not pianos and related devices
or violins and related instruments.
The reason is, that tone generation is different and harmonics
overtones play a quite different role there.

I will upload more PDFs into the Yahoo group in the future,
you may want to check from time to time.

w.

--
If your guitar does not have a ZERO FRET ---> BURN IT !!!

147 Answers

guitarannie

10/27/2010 7:04:00 PM

0

On Oct 27, 11:18 am, Helmut Wabnig <hwabnig@ .- --- -. dotat> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have uploaded several files into the file section
>  of the Yahoo grouphttp://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/acoust...

> I will upload  more PDFs into the Yahoo group in the future,
>  you may want to check from time to time.
>
> w.
>
> --
> If your guitar does not have a ZERO FRET ---> BURN IT !!!

Ok, I burned all of them including my 1946 Stromberg. And the Hauser
that was given to my dad by Segovia.
Now what should I get?

rct

10/27/2010 7:12:00 PM

0

Is there some stunning bit of never-before-heard information regarding
guitars that you are privy to and I, for some reason, am not?

rct

Tony Done

10/27/2010 7:42:00 PM

0

<persistent_offender@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:12:01 -0700 (PDT), rct <Ron.Thompson@faa.gov>
> wrote:
>
>>Is there some stunning bit of never-before-heard information regarding
>>guitars that you are privy to and I, for some reason, am not?
>>
>>rct
>
> I suspect the OP is having translation problems and simply trying to
> engage with people. He always says 'do not read if you're not
> interested' or words to that effect.
>
> Give the guy a bit of latitude - he might turn out to be a top geezer.
>
> Pete

Hmm, I would bet money it turns out to be about zero frets - again!!!! If it
isn't I'll apologise to Helmut, but my expectations are so low that I'm not
going to bother looking.

Tony D

persistent_offender

10/27/2010 7:44:00 PM

0

wrote:

>Is there some stunning bit of never-before-heard information regarding
>guitars that you are privy to and I, for some reason, am not?
>
>rct

I suspect the OP is having translation problems and simply trying to
engage with people. He always says 'do not read if you're not
interested' or words to that effect.

Give the guy a bit of latitude - he might turn out to be a top geezer.

Pete

Helmut Wabnig

10/27/2010 8:02:00 PM

0

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 05:42:01 +1000, "Tony Done" <tonydone@bigpond.com>
wrote:

><persistent_offender@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:12:01 -0700 (PDT), rct <Ron.Thompson@faa.gov>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Is there some stunning bit of never-before-heard information regarding
>>>guitars that you are privy to and I, for some reason, am not?
>>>
>>>rct
>>
>> I suspect the OP is having translation problems and simply trying to
>> engage with people. He always says 'do not read if you're not
>> interested' or words to that effect.
>>
>> Give the guy a bit of latitude - he might turn out to be a top geezer.
>>
>> Pete
>
>Hmm, I would bet money it turns out to be about zero frets - again!!!! If it
>isn't I'll apologise to Helmut, but my expectations are so low that I'm not
>going to bother looking.
>
>Tony D

Is hot air all you can produce?

do you have an argument, listen, AN ARGUMENT?

w.

Helmut Wabnig

10/27/2010 8:13:00 PM

0

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:04:23 -0700 (PDT), guitarannie
<guitarannie@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Oct 27, 11:18 am, Helmut Wabnig <hwabnig@ .- --- -. dotat> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have uploaded several files into the file section
>>  of the Yahoo grouphttp://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/acoust...
>
>> I will upload  more PDFs into the Yahoo group in the future,
>>  you may want to check from time to time.
>>
>> w.
>>
>> --
>> If your guitar does not have a ZERO FRET ---> BURN IT !!!
>

>Ok, I burned all of them including my 1946 Stromberg. And the Hauser
>that was given to my dad by Segovia.
>Now what should I get?

(Give it to me, the Hauser).

Can you do me a favor?

tune the open strings with an electronic tuner,
then play an Emaj chord first fret, with that g#
on the first fret of the G string, yes, and then listen.
For beeing objective, them measure the following tones
with your tuner to a precision of +/- 1 cent
You need a TUNER, not a tuning toy, ok?

B (2nd fret A string)
e (2nd fret D string)
gsharp (1st fret G string)
the recheck the open strings , they must be <+/- 1 cent accurate.

do it, do it, do it.

then burn your Hauser.

BTW, there are Hausers with ZERO FRET.

I offer you a free service:
I measure your HAUSER for free, no charges.
You pay the postage.

w.

--
If your guitar does not have a ZERO FRET, BURN IT !!!

Tony Done

10/27/2010 8:15:00 PM

0

"Helmut Wabnig" <hwabnig@ .- --- -. dotat> wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 05:42:01 +1000, "Tony Done" <tonydone@bigpond.com>
> wrote:
>

>><persistent_offender@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> I suspect the OP is having translation problems and simply trying to
>>> engage with people. He always says 'do not read if you're not
>>> interested' or words to that effect.
>>>
>>> Give the guy a bit of latitude - he might turn out to be a top geezer.
>>>
>>> Pete
>>
>>Hmm, I would bet money it turns out to be about zero frets - again!!!! If
>>it
>>isn't I'll apologise to Helmut, but my expectations are so low that I'm
>>not
>>going to bother looking.
>>
>>Tony D
>>
> Is hot air all you can produce?
>
> do you have an argument, listen, AN ARGUMENT?
>

> w.

Is it about zero frets? If it is, we been through it in great detail before.
If it isn't please give us a precis.

Thanks,

Tony D

rct

10/27/2010 8:15:00 PM

0

I don't know about anyone else. I don't want to argue. I've been
playing the guitar since 1971. I have done most, if not all, of the
things you can do with guitars, with the people you can do those
things with, in all the places there are to do those things.

What can you tell me about guitars that I don't already know?
Seriously.

rct

rct

10/27/2010 8:20:00 PM

0

On Oct 27, 4:14 pm, Slogoin <la...@deack.net> wrote:
> On Oct 27, 1:01 pm, Helmut Wabnig <hwabnig@ .- --- -. dotat> wrote:
>

> > do you have an argument, listen, AN ARGUMENT?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t...
>
>   For all who feel compelled to argue with Helmut please leave
> rec.music.classical.guitar off any responses. Thank you.

Helmut spams fifteen newsgroups with the revolutionary zero fret crap,
and I have to trim my responses?

Good luck with that chief.

rct

Andrew Schulman

10/27/2010 8:25:00 PM

0

On Oct 27, 4:19 pm, rct <Ron.Thomp...@faa.gov> wrote:
> Helmut spams fifteen newsgroups with the revolutionary zero fret crap,
> and I have to trim my responses?
>
> Good luck with that chief.
>
> rct

Larry,